STUNNING ALL-NEW 2021 KIA SORENTO SETS A NEW SUV BENCHMARK
Posted at Tue, Oct 6, 2020 8:30 AM
- More off-road capability: New X-Line trim features 1.0-in. higher ground clearance, improved approach/departure angles, more advanced AWD with snow-mode and a more robust roof rack than outgoing Sorento
- More performance capabilities: New 2.5-Turbo option with 281 horsepower and 311-lb-ft of torque mated to a segment-exclusive 8-speed wet-clutch DCT for more responsive around-town or mountain-pass driving
- New Turbo-Hybrid powertrain: Features 42 additional horsepower and nearly 50% better fuel economy than outgoing Sorento base engine 1
- Most Powerful HEV in its class1: 227-horsepower and estimated 37 MPG combined Available Plug-in Hybrid option with 261 horsepower and an estimated 30 miles of pure electric driving range
- More interior flexibility: Improved legroom and cargo room than outgoing Sorento, and available second-row captain’s chairs, allowing buyers to select either 4+2 or 5+2 seating.
- Best-in-class front/rear legroom and overall interior passenger volume2 More Advanced Driving Assistance Systems (ADAS) now standard: New Sorento adds Forward Collision Avoidance Assist, Lane Keeping Assist, Lane Departure Warning, Rear Occupant Alert
- Available new Blind Spot Collision Avoidance Assist - Parallel exit
- Available new Passenger Safe Exit Assist
- Available new Blind View Monitor
- Bold SUV design: Exterior and interior designed in the US at Kia’s Irvine, Calif., studio. Crisp lines, bold fascias and distinctive details combine with an interior that exudes rugged elegance and features available Bose premium audio, panoramic sunroof and up to eight USB ports
- Sorento remains one of Kia’s most important and best-selling vehicles with nearly 1.5 million units sold since its introduction in 2002
- Proudly assembled in West Point, Georgia alongside the award-winning Telluride SUV and the all-new K5 sedan.
Source post: https://www.kiamedia.com/us/en/media/pressreleases/16710/stunning-all-new-2021-kia-sorento-sets-a-new-suv-benchmark
1 Sorento superior HEV HP statement based on comparison of conventional HEV powertrains (not compared to PHEV or mild-hybrid systems)
2 Based on research data from AutoSource, Inc.